ULI NEXT Mission:
San Antonio’s ULI NEXT initiative identifies, connects, and elevates the next generation of leaders for the built environment and ULI. The NEXT initiative provides mid-career members a meaningful way to be active in ULI as their careers advance into leadership positions in the industry. ULI NEXT members are Full or Associate members, generally within the ages of 35-50, who have exemplified leadership at work and within ULI.
ULI NEXT provides a range of benefits to participants as they develop their leadership skills and build lasting relationships among peers, with ULI leadership, and throughout the ULI network.
The program strives to accomplish the following goals for its members:
● High-level sharing of strategies, best practices and pitfalls among leaders and peers
● Seed future collaboration that leads to better policies and projects
● Support each other in mid-career challenges and share best practices for effective leadership skills, and professional/personal growth
● Develop new and grow existing meaningful relationship with peers from cross-sectors of the field for the long-term
● Provide a collegial and non-competitive atmosphere built on trust.
Our program will follow the academic calendar from September to May. We will split the group into “Flights” that will be sorted for even professional sector grouping. Each flight will meet monthly on the first Tuesday of every month with three quarterly all Flight meetings. Monthly meetings will consist of topical interest chosen by members to promote candid discussion from diverse perspectives. NEXT flights are member-driven and led by Flight leaders. Each flight determines its own program content, guest speakers, and meeting time.
ULI NEXT REQUIREMENTS: ●Members are required to pay an annual participation fee of $125 to cover expenses associated with meetings along with other ULI operational costs for supporting the program. The participation fee is separate and in addition to a member’s annual dues to belong to ULI. The participation fee must be paid by September 15, 2022
●ULI flights will meet the first Tuesday of every month.
● There will be a total of nine meeting (six with your flight and three all-group meetings). You are required to maintain a 75% attendance rate. Flight Leaders and Co-Chairs will keep attendance.
● If you will miss a meeting, please let us know in advance of the meeting date.
● Engage with your NEXT group and participate in group discussion. Participation is key!
HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?
To be considered for participation in the NEXT program, you must complete the online form of interest for consideration. The form is short but should adequately demonstrate your interest in participating in the program. Applicants are selected based on authenticity and the potential to make a positive contribution to the group. Applications are due by 5 p.m. July 31, 2022.
July 31, 2022 – ULI NEXT application deadline
August 15, 2022 – ULI NEXT notification of placement sent
August 25, 2022 – ULI NEXT Happy Hour
September 6, 2022 – 8:00am – 10:00am – Kick Off Meeting / Location TBD